Protein Thin Mints
Cookies are allowed on your clean eating plan, when you follow this recipe! The ingredients in this cookie seem almost too simple, and I wouldn’t blame you for being skeptical, but SOMEHOW these crispy, thin, chocolate-minty cookies come out PERFECT!
It’s worth noting what LITTLE sugar goes into making these cookies…and trust me, you won’t miss it!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What you need
⅔ cup rolled oats
⅓ cup chocolate vegan protein powder
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup granular Swerve
¼ teaspoon baking soda
⅛ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup almond milk
2 tablespoons coconut oil
¼ teaspoon peppermint oil
½ cup Lily’s dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the rolled oats in a food processor and pulse until powdery. Add the protein powder, cocoa powder, swerve, baking soda and salt. Pulse a few times to combine.
3. Add the almond milk, coconut oil and peppermint oil and pulse into a dough. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
4. Roll and press 24 cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet. Use a piece of plastic wrap as a barrier on top of the cookie balls and then press down with the bottom of a glass to flatten into a thin cookie. Remove the plastic and bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes.
5. Using a double boiler, melt the Lily’s chips, and carefully dip each cookie into the melted chocolate and place back onto the parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Chill for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 57 calories, 3g fat, 43mg sodium, 9g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, 0g sugar and 5g protein.